Source codes of cross-validated implementations of several CCSDS compressors standards:
- 121.0-B-3 compressor & decompressor.
- 122.0-B-2 compressor & decompressor.
- 123.0-B-2 decompressor only.
There is also an open-source version of the 123.0-B-2 compressor developed for ESA by Arobs (former ENEA). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the source code.
Object-code versions of the CCSDS 123.0-B-2 and CCSDS 121.0-B-3 (compressors & decompressors) are also available from CNES (https://www.connectbycnes.fr/en/ccsds-1230-b-2-ccsds-1210-b-3)
Purpose and objectives
The availability of cross-validated CCSDS standard implementations is a major need for the adoption of such standards (in which ESA has spent considerable resources over the past 15 years).
Two main use cases are expected:
1 – Space segment:
- Compression efficiency and image quality simulations.
- Cross-validation of compression implementations on data processing units.
2 – Ground segment:
- integration of decompressors (or full codecs) in ground segment processing chains, EGSE equipment or End-to-end simulators.