mobiPV - a mobile procedure viewer
mobiPV is a modular network enabled application for an operator / technician to use as an interactive electronic technical manual (IETM) browser, consisting of one or many checklist procedures, to be deployed on a COTS mobile device and/or laptop. Furthermore, mobiPV enables distributed collaborative teamwork for complex manual tasks.
The mobiPV is implemented in C as a distributed platform for easy future adaptations to new COTS hardware. The mobiPV application provides the following features:
- Runs on different Linux based platforms;
- Support to multi-party communications including, peer to peer video conferencing, audio conferencing, and dynamical switch to video sources for the units connected to a conference;
- Support to short text message communications;
- Note taking and its association to procedure steps. Audio, video (including audio), photo and text notes are supported;
- Supports collaborative operations between different units in a master slave mode. The collaboration mode also supports a shared note space between all the units.
- Supports access to documents (e.g. procedures) in remote devices.
- Supports building of a logbook during execution of a mobiPV session.
The ESSR distribution includes all source files of the core system, an example system compiled for Android 4.4, sources for a simple Android user interface, and user and design documentation including build instructions.